Weddings & Honeymoons
Planning Your Wedding in Fiji
Registration – The marriage license registration takes place at the District Office in Waiyevo on Taveuni Island. Registration cannot be done on weekends or public holidays. We make all necessary arrangements and we provide transportation for this on arrival. Should you arrive on a weekend or public holiday we will have to arrange additional transport for registration prior to the actual ceremony.
Wedding ceremonies are performed by a minister of religion, generally a minister is happy to act as a marriage celebrant for a non-denominal ceremony. Couples are welcome to write their own vows if they wish.
Ministers from the Catholic denomination can be arranged provided the couples have complied with the requirements of the Church.
• A Fiji marriage is legally accepted worldwide.
• No minimum stay in Fiji is required.
• You must be 21 years of age otherwise parental consent is required.
• Passports and birth certificates are required for legal registration.
• Divorce decree is essential if either party were previously married.
• Legal document/affidavit stating single status to be supplied by both parties.